Sunday, June 20, 2010

Family Reunion

Hello,

I have company! Tom, Gareth, and Dalen are here! Ian couldn't make it :(

They got here last night after only getting lost once! I am sooooo proud :) It was a long day of driving for them, but it was a long day of waiting for me. I passed some of the time at the Kennedy Center at the matinee performace of Ballet Across America II. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon, and now that I have figured out the best way to get there it wasn't difficult at all :)

Today was a beautiful day but HOT so we decided to find a nice cool museum in which to start their vacation. I wanted to start with the Washington Monument, but the tickets were already sold out so we went right to the Smithsonian museums. I asked them if they wanted to go to the U.S. History, Natural History, Air and Space, or National Archive. Gareth, God bless him, said all of them! That's my boy! We started at the U. S. History museum because it is closest to the Washington Monument. Needless to say, we didn't spend as much time as I did when I was there by myself, but I did see a few things I didn't see the first time like Clark Gable's uniform from W.W. II!! Dalen was kind enough to take a picture of it for me with his camera. Yep, I'll claim him today, too--God bless him also. After that we went to the Air and Space museum. I hadn't been there since I was a teenager. Next door to the Air and Space museum is the Hirshhorn Museum of Contemporary and Modern Art so we decided to go there next. I am going to apologize to any of you who are able to appreciate the unique aesthetic of modern art because, quite frankly, we can't. I have failed as a parent. However, I will say that we had a lot of fun in a "you-had-to-be-there" kind of way and laughed a lot. Gareth was pretty sure we were going to be thrown out, but we managed to make it through the whole collection.
After that we came home, ate dinner, and the boys decided to use the apartment complex's pool. I hadn't been there yet so I went along to see it. It is very nice and even has a lifeguard which I was not expecting. It was a good way to end the day.

Happy father's day to all of you and/or your dads.
I love you, Daddy!
Tami
P.S. Tom and I are working on my photo album so that you can see all of the pictures I have taken, but now I can't seem to put any in my blog posts. Hopefully, we'll figure it out soon.

2 comments:

  1. Know you're sight-seeing with your family but I miss your posts! Hope you're having fun and will fill us in on all the details soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Terry....miss your updates! Waiting especially for the update on LBD Night!!!

    ReplyDelete