Saturday, June 12, 2010

Samantha Brown moment number 1

For those of you who don't know who Samantha Brown is, watch the Travel Channel! She is awesome. Among the series that she did/does is one called Great Weekends, and she spent one episode in DC. Confession time--one of my silly little goals for this trip is to do the things that Samantha did on her trip to DC. I originally thought about trying to do them all in one weekend like she did, but I thought that was a bit much. However, she started out at Eastern Market on a Saturday morning so guess where I was this morning! Yep! I even saw the same craft booth from which she bought something. I didn't, but I did buy other things. I haven't talked much about shopping because I haven't done much, but this place is a great farmer's market/arts & crafts fair/ flea market all rolled into one. I bought some wonderful baked goods that I am sure don't have any calories in them and a lovely bracelet. The artist who made it was really interesting to talk to. She is a native of DC and lives just two blocks from the market. She gave me a list of places that I have to visit, and she gave me her card and told me to call her if I had any questions about DC. I thought that was very sweet of her. I also bought a photo series of the tidal basin and Jefferson Memorial that shows the same scene in all four seasons. I have told some of the students on our DC trip that if I am ever homeless there is a bench near the FDR memorial that looks out over the water and Jefferson Memorial that I think would be the perfect place to live. This photo series shows almost that exact same view. I am home :).

One Samantha Brown moment down, many more to go!
Tami

1 comment: